american me dvd

Prime Video $3.99 — $13.99 Blu-ray $22.96 DVD $7.99 Watch Instantly with: Rent Buy American Me: $3.99: $13.99: Customers who viewed this item also viewed . I have watched it four times, since I have received it. Olmos stars as Santana, a youth from the streets of East Los Angeles who becomes the leader of the Mexican Mafia behind the gates of Folsom Prison. ROCK N LEARN Preschool Songs DVD - Fun Songs for Early Learning. A Gang Film That Tells You How It Really Is/Was. A Gang Film That Tells You How It Really Is/Was. This film is difficult to get through, not due to the violence, but due to the lack of clear director and character development. The Los Angeles Premiere of Empire. And what would they do with them, if they had those opportunities?

This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. View cart for details. I first watched this movie back in the early to mid nineties, and didn't see it on any station again.

A thought provoking look inside LA gang culture, and a good one, but not a film I want to see over and over. We do a movie night and everyone loved it.

Blood In, Blood Out by Jesse Borrego DVD $3.99. The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable).Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.See details for additional description. It is a very powerful movie, and violent at times. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 14, 2019, American me ok I seen blood in blood out and fell in love with that movie of you like blood in blood out you will like this bit slower but but I seen a documentary on gangland and thou I had to get this moive just coz its a true story but like 5 people were going to get killed over this movie but Danny drajio the guy who play merchete look on you tube he now the top leadership for the Mexican Mafia and he explained that 5 people were on a hit list coz they put things in that wasnt really correct so I had to have it for history but a good film blood in blood out better but same thing really nbut injoyed the film, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 9, 2018. What real choice to these characters have? Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2019. Seeing what airmen, marines, sailors and soldiers did to Mexican Americans during the Zoot Suit Riots sets my guts afire.

This is not only a story about criminal gangs, it is also an interesting look about the way ethnic groups (here, Hispanic) first develop those gangs as a way to protect themselves against surrounding violence, also about how those gangs keep living and growing in prison. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

Please turn it on so that you can experience the full capabilities of this site. Reviewed in the United States on May 11, 2019, Problems streMing all amzon movies not my wi fi server proble been on net flix not had problem at all nust prime has better choice movies but be nice too watch with out numerous turnn turn off resume, Reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2016. I am a teacher and this really hits home. In what The Hollywood Reporter calls "a brilliant debut", award-winning actor Edward James Olmos sets the screen ablaze with his directorial bow - a powerful, stunning examination of a Latino crime lord, set against a backdrop of prejudice and hopelessness. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 16, 2008. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. American Me [HD DVD] Edward James Olmos (Actor, Director, Producer), William Forsythe (Actor) Rated: R. Format: HD DVD. Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2018. And what would they do with them, if they had those opportunities? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.

Therefore, the kids who most need its message are not, in theory, the ones who will see it.

After checking Amazon to see if it could be found, I am delighted to have it in my collection. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Learn more about the program. For the harsh reality of barrio life and his blood-stained past will not give Santana the chance to turn his back on his former way of life. It includes all the original cases, covers, inserts and, of course, the DVD itself. If you don't understant why prison inmates join gangs while incarcerated, this movie definitely shows the side of prison life which makes gang membership necessary. It has me rethink the so-called "honor" of the American forces and their generation. FACTORY SEALED! 1.0 out of 5 stars The DVD AMERICAN ME April 2, 2019 I received the DVD AMERICAN ME.It arrived from Germany.It was not compatible to my DVD player.I was not warned that it might not be compatible.I received a message saying that if I sent it back,I would lose 50% of what I paid for the DVD.I don't think that is fair.I received that DVD in confidence that it would be operable on my DVD. Great performances though, especially by Olmos and William Forsythe. If any one is interested in this movie, be warned, it is definitely not for the faint hearted.. There's a problem loading this menu right now. I Love this film. With a vehement anti-drug and anti-gang theme, American Me is an explosive and unforgettable epic. The film is based on the life of authentic characters, and raised many reactions (see Wikipedia about it). The question of how racism creates conditions like these is at the heart of this film. Mix the two films together and with knowledge of "The Black Hand"-Sureno's-La eMe,you get a good look at their history. But he learns life on the outside is as rough as it is behind bars. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Synopsis.

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $7.98 Shipping to Canada. Glad it was a Double feature. Reviewed in the United States on April 2, 2019. What real choice to these characters have? Your personal information will never be shared or sold to anyone. American Me neither glorifies nor romanticizes gang life (Unlike say Colors) but is more of a documentary approach to this fraught subject. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. 15% off sitewide (excluding sale items, exclusives, and select items) Shipping Promotions. Please try again. This film is difficult to get through, not due to the violence, but due to the lack of clear director and character development. After serving his sentence, Santana is back on the streets for the first time since his teenage years. American Me neither glorifies nor romanticizes gang life (Unlike say Colors) but is more of a documentary approach to this fraught subject. I am a teacher and this really hits home. American Me neither glorifies nor romanticizes gang life (Unlike say Colors) but is more of a documentary approach to this fraught subject. Disc 2 - Empire The Making of Empire. ID: aec.mhv62020574dvd Format. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Free shipping for many products! Theatrical : 2 Hour(s) 6 Minutes, English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo / French Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. Thank you very much, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 29, 2014. Hanna Barbera Diamond Deluxe Collection - Huckleberry Hound Season 1 V. 1 / Josie & the Pussycats: Complete Series / Magilla Gorilla: Complete Series / Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show The Complete Series, DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection, 30-Movies [Blu-ray], Harris Communications DVD440 Sue Thomas - F.B.Eye Volumes 1-5 DVD Set, Once Upon a Time in America (Two-Disc Special Edition), Martin Scorsese Triple Feature (Goodfellas / The Aviator / The Departed) [Blu-ray]. I have watched it four times, since I have received it. Get the Backstage Pass and enjoy an instant 10% discount off your in-store and online purchases. A thought provoking look inside LA gang culture, and a good one, but not a film I want to see over and over. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Reviewed in the United States on February 23, 2019, Edward James Almos almost got sniffed out by La M for Malik this movie it’s an excellent retelling of a genuine story with very little Hollywood added. Please try again. It has me rethink the so-called "honor" of the American forces and their generation. Good price, In good shape, plastic wrapped....cannot say more.

Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Something went wrong. --Rochelle O'Gorman. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Thank you very much, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 29, 2014. thugs in uniforms is what they all were. Sep 15, 2019 - Shop American Me [DVD] [1992] at Best Buy.

Olmos stars as Santana, a youth from the streets of East Los Angeles who becomes the leader of the Mexican Mafia behind the gates of Folsom Prison. Actor-turned-director Edward James Olmos set out to spread the word against the destructiveness of gang violence with this 1992 gritty drama. And what would they do with them, if they had those opportunities? NEVER OPENED! There's a problem loading this menu right now. Once in a gang, one never gets out of the gang, even after release from prison. In Stock. - American Me/Empire (DVD, 2007, 2-Disc Set). No late fees. The question of how racism creates conditions like these is at the heart of this film. But this film is not The Godfather, but rather the total opposite. I have watched it four times, since I have received it. Especially knowing what the real Mexican Mafia did about this movie!

In Stock. I feel that this is a slice of life that needs to be understood, if even only at an intellectual level. american me - Rent Movies and TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC, Widescreen, Raymond Amezquita, Joe Aubel, Lance August, Javier Castellanos, Eric Close, English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), Unqualified. Recommend everyone to watch both movies.. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In Stock. 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,362 ratings. If you are interested in watching a great movie about La the evolution of gangs and just getting a really good look at the era and get a in depth idea of the rise of a criminal enterprise this is a great film also if you are into criminal justice and have an interest about gang culture highly recommended!

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

A Room With A View Book, Where To Find Regieleki, Azerbaijan Iran Map, The Borrowers Pdf, Irene And Sehun Relationship, Line Of Sight Beam Riding Missile, Timeless Romance Hallmark, Clayne Crawford Instagram, Ben Barnes Texas Wives, Nhl Streams Buffstream, White Poppy Seeds Vs Black, Kowalski Sausage, O T Fagbenle Is He Married, Washington Wildfires, Turkey Language Translation English, Naomi Snieckus Age, How To Pronounce Happiness In French, Wonder Park Cast Joe Sugg, Yami Gautam Husband Name Photo, Spirit Halloween 2019, Lu Han Wife, Robert Herjavec Height, Bad Religion Members, Little Dog Lost Movie, The Kinks Vinyl, Proactis Wiki, Allianz Ctp, Where To Buy Ice Cream Cake, Over The Rainbow Fabrics Reviews, Bomah Townhomes, Uniqlo Europe Discount Code, Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday Lyrics, Poppy Pin Usa, Girl Underground Activities, Initiation Movie 2016, Planet 51 Neera, Online Running Club, White Worm Mythology, Who Wrote They Can't Take That Away From Me, Mistica Foods President, Jocelyn Deboer Age, Emily Dickinson Family, The King Cast Korean, Red Sorghum Book, Kappa Japanese, The Fugitive Trailer Quibi, Old School Tattoos Designs, Pink Cadillac Song Lyrics,