bamboozled movie online

The network not only airs it, but it incredibly becomes a smash hit.

Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2001.

After being berated by his boss and being threatened being fired if he fails to come up with a hit TV show, on purpose, he creates an outrageously offensive and stereotypical TV minstrel show with actors, dancers and musicians all in blackface as a joke, in order to break his contract with the network he works for - all of this so he won't have to worry about being sued if he quits.

Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Keep your movies as long as you want with no due dates. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime. Fast, free delivery. He brings up the uncomfortable subject of negative images of blacks in television, past and present, and just how the media seeks to capitalize on it.

You tend to watch this as you would a horrible accident....you simply cannot turn away but it is entirely too painful to watch.

We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers.

This information for parents is provided by Common Sense Media, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving kids' media lives.

Parents are urged to learn more about the film before taking their young children with them. Director Spike Lee copies from Mel Brooks' oeuvre with this story about a producer whose show is so bad that audiences can't get enough. The best movies and TV shows, plus weekly new releases.

TV producer Pierre Delacroix (Damon Wayans) becomes frustrated when network brass reject his sitcom idea. Let me say at the outset that in many instances this can be VERY disturbing to watch, especially for Americans given the history of the races here. Unable to add item to List. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Sold by GoldenEntertainment and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. There are sexual references, and the movie makes some telling points about sexist assumptions about a woman's use of sex to advance her career. Running Time: 136 Min. Copyright 2000 Warner Home Video.Format: DVD MOVIE Genre: COMEDY Rating: R UPC: 794043519727.

Pick your movies, watch when you want, return, and repeat. Directed by Spike Lee. Seriously underrated. One month free trial! There is some social drinking, and one character abuses alcohol. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Contains some adult material.

Most of our subscribers receive their discs within two business days.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Usually I think Spike Lee movies are a mess and all over the place, but again this is my all time favorite movie. Want to watch for free?

R - Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.

The film centers on the uptight, upwardly-mobile Damon Wayans character, Pierre Delacroix (aka Peerless Dothan), who is a successful black television executive that has completely lost touch with his roots. Please enable it to continue.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Make your movie list and get Blu-rays and DVDs conveniently delivered to you with free shipping both ways.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 4, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 25, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 17, 2014, The film starts very well but loses its way towards the end but an enjoyable satire all the same, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 7, 2016, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 11, 2015. The show is supposed to initially mock the negative images of blacks, and to make people angry enough to have it pulled from the air, and get Pierre fired - but to his surprize, it turns out to be a massive hit. I feel that Spike Lee can still make relevant films about race, and this film certainly is one of them. A frustrated African-American TV writer proposes a blackface minstrel show in protest, but to his chagrin it becomes a hit. I understand exactly what he was trying to say and agree wholeheartedly.

The filming could have been better, but it was low-budget so ill cut Lee some slack. Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Widescreen, NTSC, Letterboxed, Damon Wayans, Savion Glover, Jada Pinkett Smith, Michael Rapaport, Tommy Davidson, English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Survivor: Panama - Exile Island (2006) (5 Discs), All time favorite movie.

As a homage to such Hollywood movie classics as "A Face In The Crowd", the original version of "The Producers" and "Network", I understand completely what message Spike Lee conveyed in this film, and for the most part, I agree with it.

Spike Lee Joint Collection (Clockers/ Jungle Fever/ Do the Right Thing/ Mo` Better Blues/ Crooklyn), Do the Right Thing (The Criterion Collection), Get on the Bus / School Daze / She Hate Me - Set, Darkest America: Black Minstrelsy from Slavery to Hip-Hop.

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $35.48 Shipping to Ukraine. We send out your disc the next business day. Please try again.

Browse from thousands of movies and shows.
There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Very powerful film, Reviewed in the United States on December 5, 2004. Since 1998, DVD Netflix has been the premier DVD-by-mail rental service. Seriously underrated, Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2015, All time favorite movie. Michael Rapaport co-stars in this searing satire. With Damon Wayans, Savion Glover, Jada Pinkett Smith, Michael Rapaport. Free returns, plus no due dates or late fees.

"Bamboozled" was an excellent title, because just about EVERYONE in this movie is fooled into thinking this show is one thing, when in reality, it's something else.

Directed By: Spike Lee. Color.

Rent Bamboozled (2000) starring Spike Lee and Damon Wayans on DVD and Blu-ray.

Start your free trial today.

This film is presented in "Widescreen" format.

Characters are shot and killed. We're sorry but jw-app doesn't work properly without JavaScript enabled. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.

Yet I cannot deny I was squirming in the beginning because it takes a bit of getting used to. If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Get unlimited DVD Movies & TV Shows delivered to your door with no late fees, ever. And Spike, (GOD I love him)still continues to work you. Hoping to get fired, Delacroix pitches the worst idea he can think of: a minstrel show. There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Parents need to know that this movie has strong language and violence. Please try again. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Free delivery to your mailbox and free returns.

Yoox Sale Schedule, Hotter Than July Lyrics, How Did Deckard Know Zhora Was A Replicant, The Rocking-horse Winner Story, Interstate Highway System Map, Valley Girl Songs In Order, Hegel Phenomenology Of Spirit Summary, Leather Blazer Plus Size, Shaun Majumder Tiger King, Is It You And Me'' Or You And I, Slingshot Hunting Ammo, Xiumin Military Unit, All To Myself Dan And Shay Lyrics, Beshbarmak Recipe, Stream Quotes, Thomas Rhett Family 2020, I Girasoli (1970 Full Movie), Bishkek Weather In September, Josh Server Net Worth, A Christmas Carol (2018 Nell), Agatha Jewelry Korea, Cal Fire Scanner, Parent Trap Netflix, Felon Synonym, More Than My Hometown Release Date, Why Did Devon Leave Letterkenny, Pelléas And Mélisande, Jeff Clanton Outlaw, A Bramble House Christmas Watch Online, Waldo Movie 2019 Cast, Ridin' Solo Lyrics Njomza, Man Down Lyrics, Short Travel Quotes, Allianz Car Insurance, Out Of Nowhere Song, Woman Of Desire Wiki, Bobbili Simham Paalakollu Paapa, Love In The Time Of Cholera Summary Pdf, Meditations In An Emergency, His, Her, Kings Row Fanfare, Ukraine Religion Islam, Halloween H20 Full Movie, What Is Redline Drink, Lithuania Flag, Pit-fighter Characters, Seo Ye-hwa Instagram, The Freaks Come Out At Night Gif, Tiger Shroff Sister, The Nanny Movie 2018 Wikipedia, Solution Of Corruption, Escape To The Chateau Season 6 Episode 3, Baku Weather In June, Cinder In A Sentence, The Woodsman Candy, Elizabeth Patterson Benicia, San Quentin Death Row Inmates Search, Tempted Season 2, La County Fair 2020 Cancelled, Erica Fernandes Heartbeat Instagram, Heartland Season 12 13 Dvd, Grunge Aesthetic Background, Kelsea Ballerini Wedding Photos, Challenge Accepted Meaning, Pink Poppy Spiritual Meaning, Recorded By Arizal Imdb, The Expanse Season 3 Episode 6, Five Feet Apart Alternate Ending Fanfiction, Will Movie Trailer, What Does Mb Mean In Numbers, Lindsay Crouse Net Worth, With Joy Junk Email, Skate Kitchen Netflix, Marta Cabrera Professor, Psycho Killer Game, Sandcastles Game, Amor De Loca Juventud Translation, 9news (kusa Live Stream), Château De Chenonceau Pronunciation, Inside Airstream Camper, School Bus Consultants,