captain munnerlyn height
He started 11 of the last 12 games at left cornerback after Chris Gamble suffered a season-ending injury in Week 7. He also accounted for six special teams tackles. Should you play Dede Westbrook? Watch the highlights from the Week 15 matchup between the New Orleans Saints and the Carolina Panthers. One day later, there is "real concern" in Southern California. On September 7, he began his Viking career against the St. Louis Rams in the season opener with 5 solo tackles in his first start as a Viking, helping lead the team to a 34-6 win. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. In Week 5 at New Orleans Saints on October 9, he registered his first career sack, dropping quarterback Drew Brees for a six-yard loss on a blitz. May 18, 22:33 Captain Munnerlyn ready to battle for starting spot Minnesota Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is prepared to fight for his spot as the club's starter for the 2015 following the ... Join us for Monday Night Football! Carolina Panthers CB Captain Munnerlyn joins the Panthers in going out on a shopping spree with 20 underprivileged kids for the holidays. On December 15, he set the franchise record with his fifth career interception return for a touchdown after he picked off Jets' quarterback Geno Smith and returned it 41 yards for the score, surpassing the previous mark of four by Mike Minter from 1997 to 2006; in that game, he also established a single-game career high with two sacks as he brought down Smith for losses of seven and eight yards. He played college football at South Carolina for three years. In the final game of the regular season against the Green Bay Packers for the NFC North title, the Vikings had a 13-3 lead with just over four minutes remaining in the third quarter. With his professional football career frozen in limbo by the NFL lockout, Munnerlyn spent the spring at Mobile's Murphy High School (his alma mater) as a volunteer assistant, and the experience opened his eyes to the possibilities of life after football. I think this team is on the up. [24][25], On February 25, 2019, Munnerlyn was released by the Panthers. Here is the latest injury news around the league. Kevin Patra previews that NFC showdown and the rest of the Week 12 slate. That's my No. He returned both interception for touchdowns, tying his own record from the previous season and becoming the new owner of the franchise record with five interception returns for touchdowns. Four weeks later, he recorded seven solo tackles again in the loss at Arizona Cardinals on December 20. Experience. Munnerlyn played high school football at Murphy High School in Mobile, Alabama, where he was named All-region three times. In his first season as a member of the Minnesota Vikings, Munnerlyn matched a career-high 16 starts, all of them at right cornerback, helping the Vikings defense improve from 31st in passing yards per game in 2013 to 7th during the 2014 campaign. He also returned 33 kickoffs for 754 yards (22.8 ypa) and 37 punts for 283 yards (7.6 ypa). On March 11, 2017, Munnerlyn signed a four-year, $21 million contract with the Panthers. Judy Battista reports from Charlotte. [12] In the same game, Munnerlyn returned a blocked field goal for an 81-yard touchdown. In Week 5 against the Seattle Seahawks, he intercepted a pass by quarterback Russell Wilson and returned it 33 yards for a touchdown. Prior to the start of training camp, Munnerlyn told ESPN, "I want to help my team get to the playoffs," he said. [3] He was named the 2015 Korey Stringer Good Guy Award winner by media covering the Vikings. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round, 216th overall of the 2009 NFL Draft. During high school, Munnerlyn was also a standout track & field sprinter. College. He chose South Carolina on January 13, 2006. South Carolina. For his second season, Munnerlyn moved up to starting right cornerback after Richard Marshall was not re-signed. The regular season is less than a week away from kicking off and that means it's time for teams to cut their rosters down to 53 players before Saturday's deadline. After starting all 16 games at outside cornerback in 2014, Munnerlyn settled into nickel back role, playing in all 16 regular season games with five starts as well as the Wild Card Round of the playoffs. The NFL preseason has ended. 5'9" / 195 lbs. How does everyone stack up? In the Panthers second preseason game against the Miami Dolphins, Munnerlyn returned a punt 58 yards and also fumbled one but recovered it, while Robinson fumbled a punt which the Dolphins recovered. "Coach Lee gave me the opportunity to coach the defensive backs and give them some of the knowledge I have from the past, from high school, college and the NFL."[20]. In a Week 8 game against the Minnesota Vikings, he got his second sack of the season when he tackled Christian Ponder for a one-yard loss after he scrambled to the right to escape from pressure. Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn intercepts Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. "I haven't been to the playoffs yet, and I've been in the league for four years. NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC. [11] Against Kentucky, Munnerlyn returned a kickoff 84 yards before being tackled on the 16 yard line. [3], In 2007, as a sophomore, Munnerlyn split time at cornerback and kick returner and was called a "shut down corner" on Rivals.com. 1 on Gil Brandt's list of the 10 most talented teams. As a punt returner, he averaged 5.1 yards on a team-high 14 punt returns with a long of 20 yards. Rank breaks it all down. [10] Following the season, he was named a first–team All-SEC. Chicago Bears WR Anthony Miller joins "Good Morning Football" to discuss teammate Allen Robinson, his game-winning TD in Week 1 and Mitch Trubisky as the Bears' starter. A pair of high-powered offenses will clash Sunday when the Los Angeles Rams play host to the New Orleans Saints. While living there, he attended the Josephine Allen branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama. In the wake of a wild week highlighted by blockbuster trades and high-profile signings, what is the current state of the NFL hierarchy? Cam Newton said Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson assured players there would be no repercussions from the team if players took action during the national anthem moving forward. If you didn't catch any of this weekend's action, here's what you missed. He collected two interceptions and led the team with a career-high 13 passes defensed. In Week 3 against the Cincinnati Bengals, he snagged his first career interception against Carson Palmer. Experience. In Week 10, he started the game at Oakland and posted a season-best 7 tackles against the Raiders. After the shooting, Munnerlyn's mother converted to Christianity and he eventually did the same. Height. Dabbing is no longer hip, but don't tell Dave Gettleman. [8] Against Vanderbilt, to whom South Carolina lost 17–6, Munnerlyn returned a punt 46 yards and also forced a fumble. As a freshman, Munnerlyn was not redshirted and played in 12 games. Alex Gelhar profiles three under-the-radar signal-callers with great fantasy matchups to exploit, including Carson Palmer. Munnerlyn called being drafted by the Panthers, "exciting, because I played college ball at South Carolina, and that's only like an hour away. Munnerlyn played in 16 games with 11 starts for Carolina in the 2012 season. After his high school career, Munnerlyn was recruited by South Carolina, West Virginia, and Kansas State. When asked why his name is Captain, Munnerlyn said, "My momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the last child. In Week 15, he suffered a strained left hamstring at Houston and was therefore placed on injured reserve on December 23. Munnerlyn completed his first season as a Panther playing in 15 games total with four starts, posting 43 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and two passes defensed as the Panthers defense finished fourth in the NFL in pass defense, eighth in total defense and ninth in scoring defense and recorded 18 takeaways in the final six games of the season. He also batted down six passes and was credited with two quarterback pressures, contributing to a unit that ranked 10th in the NFL in total defense. [14], 2007 South Carolina Gamecocks football team, 2008 South Carolina Gamecocks football team, "Captain Munnerlyn delivers message at Boys and Girls Clubs awards luncheon (photos)", "Results - USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships", http://al.milesplit.com/athletes/26127-captain-munnerlyn/feed#.VBVX8fmSwrk, http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/munnerlyn_captain00.html, "Spurrier might sit standout CB Munnerlyn", http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67933&draftyear=2009&genpos=CB, "GAME NOTES: All-Pro Beason will have an MRI on injured knee", "Players hope concussion rules ease peer pressure", "Captain Munnerlyn opens eyes to coaching during NFL lockout", "Captain Munnerlyn, Minnesota Vikings strike contract", "Vikings sign CBs Munnerlyn, Cox; re-sign DT Fred Evans", "Captain Munnerlyn's Fumble Return TD Helps Minnesota Take NFC North Title", "Captain Munnerlyn will return to Carolina", "Panthers part ways with Captain Munnerlyn, Mike Adams", "Bills sign CB Captain Munnerlyn, OL Demetrius Rhaney and, DT Roderick Young", "Captain Munnerlyn, Tyree Jackson among Bills' cuts", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Captain_Munnerlyn&oldid=967480897, Players of American football from Alabama, South Carolina Gamecocks football players, Short description is different from Wikidata, NFL Free agent currentteam parameter articles, Infobox NFL biography articles missing alt text, Infobox NFL biography articles with old NFL.com URL, Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2017, All articles containing potentially dated statements, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Interceptions returned for touchdowns, career: (5), Interceptions returned for touchdowns, season: (2 in 2012 and 2013; tied with three other players, but the only one to accomplish it twice), This page was last edited on 13 July 2020, at 13:57.

The Alphabet, Red Vs Black Color, She Said I Love You Back, Leather Blazer Plus Size, Jamie Marchi Vic Mignogna, Park Ji Yoon Presenter, Hurricanes And Tornadoes Facts, The Boys Parents Guide, Sharp Edges Lyrics, Chris Brown Lyrics, Rent Live Dvd, How Many Days In December, The Beautiful City, Dr Dolittle 3 Streaming, Amsterdamned Blu-ray, Killing Eve Instagram, Kim Yong Ha Professor, Kopps Movie Online, Rap Devil Release Date, Songs About Being Alone 2019, 70s Van Movies, Ville Valo 2020 Tour, Une Bouteille Dans La Mer De Gaza Résumé, Chances Of Passing On Depression, Little Miss Firecracker Svg, Kb To Gb Size Converter, Randy Moss Jersey, Truck Driver Game, Zhao Lusi Net Worth, Types Of Flour, Devil's Angel Meaning, Why Were The Gates Of Heaven Closed, Jon Wright Hickory, Nc, Heaven Can Wait Vest, Jeremy Mcwilliams Net Worth, The Night Has A Thousand Eyes Poem Meaning, Exo Album 2019, Pebbles Meaning In Bengali, Kings Row Music Star Wars, Power Obsessed Synonym, Cry Wolf Music, The Kidnappers Book, Gchq Puzzle Book (2016 Answers), How Long Did Noah Cyrus And Tanner Alexander Date, Speechless Clothing Size Chart, Post Mortem Psychology Definition, Gnash I Hate You, I Love You, Witness Newspaper Vacancies, Old Renton, Navika Kotia As Chikki, Sierra National Forest Fire Restrictions 2020, Stanford Prison Experiment Article, Watch My Fake Fiance Online Putlockers,