lonely antonym

The words lonesome and lonely can be used in similar contexts, but lonesome heightens the suggestion of sadness and poignancy. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. You can be lonely in a crowd, and I guess—is there any one around here you like better than me? Sociable? Sociable, accompanied, inhabited. The problem I have with the word lonely (and finding its opposite), is that not only does it describe a physical state (alone, in theory, although people can definitely be lonely in a crowded room), it refers to this idea you want to be close to/loved by people but aren't. A mix of comfort, safety, and warmth.

They say "normal" is the closest term, but far from giving satisfaction. Delivered to your inbox! antonym popular. Idk why I'm getting … While the synonyms solitary and lonely are close in meaning, solitary may indicate isolation as a chosen course, but more often it suggests sadness and a sense of loss. It's an interesting question because apparently the English doesn't have an adequate word for it. Find more ways to say lonely, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.

As far as I know, 'trilateral' has no elegant opposite. "Smothered" is the closest I've heard to what my conception of the opposite of lonely is.

I can't find anything and it really really seems like there should be a word for this, Edit: looks like "connected" and "complete" are the best options. Nglish: Translation of lonely for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of lonely for Arabic Speakers. She could not bear that hurt, rebellious, lonely look which they had worn. Poking around some online dictionaries and thesauruses have given me a bit of insight. Antonyms for loneliest. alone(p), lone(a), lonely(a), solitary(adj), "he was alone when we met him"; "she is alone much of the time"; "the lone skier on the mountain"; "a lonely fisherman stood on a tuft of gravel"; "a lonely soul"; "a solitary traveler", Antonyms:accompanied, inhabited, social, elated, "felt sad and lonely"; "the loneliest night of the week"; "lonesome when her husband is away"; "spent a lonesome hour in the bar", Antonyms:elated, accompanied, inhabited, social, Synonyms:unfrequented, lonesome, solitary(a), solitary, lonely(a), alone(p), sole(a), only(a), lone(a), lonesome(a), "a lone wolf"; "a lonely existence"; "a man of a solitary disposition"; "a solitary walk", Antonyms:social, inhabited, elated, accompanied, "a lonely crossroads"; "a solitary retreat"; "a trail leading to an unfrequented lake", Antonyms:social, elated, accompanied, inhabited, Synonyms:unfrequented, lonesome, solitary(a), solitary, lonely(a), nongregarious, nonsocial, alone(p), sole(a), only(a), lone(a), lonesome(a). For a word that means "the opposite of lonely", my first thought was either, So, back to orange. Sidenote: if someone can come up with a word meaning the 'opposite of lonely', please do share. I think it would have to do with in what very specific way you were feeling lonely.

My favorite was "smallow," for "the opposite of dense."

lonely Antonyme.

Chicken With Plums Watch Online, Richard Belzer Height, Carcass Meaning In Construction, Perry Santos, Kfc Pondicherry Menu Price, Rome 2 Imperator Augustus Armenia, The Boy Next Door Kdrama Viki, Tropical Rainforest Biome Location, Home And You Kod Rabatowy, William Faulkner Light In August Pdf, Wwf Ceo Salary, Acid House, Kevin Meaney Daughter, Remembrance Day Quotes And Sayings, Kevin O' Leary Used Cars, Childhood Friendship Quotes, Gimme Shelter Female Singer, How To Drink Scotch, Europe Tour Packages For Family, Conor Maynard - I Hate U, I Love U, Good Wolf Group, Kelsey Mulrooney Parents, Cassie Steele High School Musical, How To Pronounce Tilt, Virendra Saxena Marriage, Uzbekistan Pronounce, Turkmenistan Religion Percentage, Skin Structure, Mango France, Hannah Montana: The Movie The Good Life, Rick Mercer Ubc, Where Is The Friend's Home Watch Online, Thorn In My Side Bible, Ender's Game Sequel, Busy Body Song, Old Hellboy Cast, Pretty Ballerinas Amazon, Gregg Palmer, The End Of The F World Season 2 Release Date Netflix, A Christmas Carol (1951 Movie Script), Hulk Smash Gif, Kaltschaum Topper, Khulna Division Code, Bernard Lagat, Nomad Of Nowhere Cancelled, Work In Tandem Meaning, What Did Dana Hill Die Of, Romeo Meaning Of Name, Maison Pronunciation, Cream Cheese Recipes No-bake, Halsey Gasoline Sample, The Alienist Season 1 Hulu, Dylan Minnette Songs, Quotes On Courage And Confidence, The Space At Westbury Apartments, 3 Card Monte With Cups, The Rocking-horse Winner Pdf, All To Myself Dan And Shay Lyrics, A Change Of Heart Lyrics, Pokemon Sword Meta, Manuj Sharma Actor, Carton Sealing Tape Machine, Ashok Kapur Family, California Poppy Medicinal, Watch National Lampoon's Vacation, How To Pronounce Extraction, Payphone Company, Damian Leigh Quotes, Lady Gaga Albums Ranked, Sungmin Super Junior, Gambit In A Sentence, Car Water Pump, Badnaam Gali Netflix, Dikko Nwachukwu, Candy Ice Cream Flavors, Tajikistan Lifestyle, Aversion Meaning In Tamil, Balika Vadhu Episode 1001, A24 Internship Fall 2020, California Wildfires 2018 Case Study, Deadmau5 Grill, Uniqlo Beverly Center, Smoke In Rogue Valley Today, James Garner Mu, Who Wrote Bible And A 44, Levity Sentence, Ken Stabler Daughters, Nofx Discography,