put in a pie meaning

In 1997, for instance, rapper Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs released “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down” on his first solo album No Way Out, a Billboard #1 hit. Because of the association of pie with cocaine, the My Little Pony character Pinkie Pie is often included in memes about cocaine. a total or whole that can be … This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. Rapper Fetty Wap helped re-popularize pie in his 2015 song “Trap Queen,” where he sings: “I be in the kitchen cookin’ pies with my baby.” (Sometimes pie is slang for “vagina,” guys.). a layer cake with a filling of custard, cream jelly, or the like: chocolate cream pie. Where your ass was at, dog, when I was serving pies? a baked food having a filling of fruit, meat, pudding, etc., prepared in a pastry-lined pan or dish and often topped with a pastry crust: apple pie; meat pie. The track featured rapper Mase, who says of Combs: “There’s no guy slicker than this young fly nigga…Did Fed time, outta town pie-flipper.” Pie-flipper alludes to Combs’s short-lived drug-dealing when he was a student at Howard University, though he never served Fed time, or a federal prison sentence. Definition of pie in the Idioms Dictionary. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. To be involved in a particular situation, especially when said involvement is seen as meddling. Pie isn’t the only, or necessarily most common, drug slang for a kilo of cocaine: Ki, from kilo, is also a big one. It’s evidenced by the 1990s.
She doesn't think we can do it by ourselves. Redefine your inbox with Dictionary.com updates. that will help our users expand their word mastery. rather an informal word summary that hopefully touches upon the key aspects of the meaning and usage of pie To be involved in a situation, often in a meddlesome way. Mom is now calling me every hour, and I'm sure you had a finger in the pie—what exactly did you tell her? It’s often commonly used in the punny expression cooking pies, or making drugs, usually either crack or meth. / Where your ass was at, dog, when niggas wouldn’t feed me? For example. Pie in the Sky: Finding some of Mississippi's premier pie stops is easy as ... well, pie! Kale, Chard and Soppressata. noun. This pie was first just used as a reference to drugs by those in the urban drug-dealing community.
If you need to eat more greens, there’s no better way to do it than by … Pukka launches nationwide search for UK's ultimate pie fan; Number one pie brand, Pukka Pies, which celebrates its 55th birthday this year, is launching a nationwide search to find the UK's biggest pie fan, Britain's favourite pies revealed - and the top flavour may surprise you; A new study has lifted the pastry lid on the pies we most enjoy to tuck into, as well as our opinions regarding the classic pub grub staple, picture (someone or something) in(side) (of) (something). This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. See 13 authoritative translations of Pie in English with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations. shut your pie hole; slice of the pie; slice the pie, to; sweet as pie; who ate all the pies; Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock, have a firm grip on (someone or something). This is not meant to be a formal definition of pie like most terms we define on Dictionary.com, but is pie phrase.

Have an interest in or meddle in something. For example, When they nominated me for the board, I'm sure Bill had a finger in the pie. Sally always wants to have a finger in the pie. Pie isn’t the only, or necessarily most common, drug slang for a kilo of cocaine: Ki, from kilo, is also a big one. Pie is delicious, whether it’s apple, blueberry, or pumpkin. Pie - Idioms by The Free Dictionary ... put (something) in apple-pie order; Shut your cake hole! But, pie endures nevertheless. A dealer would get a kilogram (kilo) of cocaine and cut it up for lower-level dealers to distribute—like a regular pie, just for a very different kind of craving. Pie is usually used as a noun, as in “I love the cutie pies, never the zootie pies,” a line from Gang Starr’s 1999 “Discipline.” It’s often commonly used in the punny expression cooking pies, or making drugs, usually either crack or meth. He sees a crudely worded, ungrammatical sign with an arrow drawn in red crayon; these details imply a story about the person who made it, while the sign itself promises a story behind the lumber it advertises. But, pie endures nevertheless. Have an interest in or meddle in something. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have+a+finger+in+the+pie. Get ready to grab another slice, as the baked dish is the name of the next version of Android. The essay opens with the author in a car full of manure, which suggests its own story. 1 a: a dessert consisting of a filling (as of fruit or custard) in a pastry shell or topped with pastry or both an apple pie a slice of pumpkin pie … desserts include lots of berry pies, butter pecan ice cream pies with a hot caramel topping, flummeries, and crisps. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. It spread to a wider audience when black hip-hop artists incorporated the drug-dealing lingo into their hit songs. I never put any article of metal in MY puddings or, The Fence Gate Inn near Burnley once sold a, The community bakery launched in 2013 and customers can head to the shop to pick up a fresh, We can think of the current dilemma of inequality with reference to this metaphoric ', However, when the cashier asks me, 'Ma'am, willing to wait po for Peach-Mango, Both tasty favourites also brought home the bacon at the Scottish Craft Butchers Savoury Pastry Products Awards 2018 in January, with the chicken treat named the country's finest and the steak, Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, promises are like pie crust(s): (easily made,) easily broken, promises are like pie crust(s): (they are) made to be broken, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Android 9 Pie Features Release Dates And More, Pie Shells Market research to Reflect Steady Growth Rate by 2027, It's all about; A slice of life at the British Pie Awards, Digital Workers' Compensation Agency Pie Enters 5 More States, Pie Insurance, Armed With $45M Financing, Plans Further Expansion for Online Workers Comp Biz. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. In case folks were still confused about what pie meant on the street, in 1998 rapper Big L released the track “Ebonics,” where he spells it out for us: “A ki of coke is a pie / when I’m lifted, I’m high.” So, there you have it. Tess wants to have a finger in the pie. The word pie itself is pretty old. The slang pie, however, is much more recent. What does pie expression mean?

All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Another form of this idiom is have a finger in every pie, meaning "to have an interest in or be involved in everything," as in She does a great deal for the town; she has a finger in every pie.

It’s recorded by the 1300s. In these songs, bricks, squares, pies, stones, and yams are coke, and the cooking, mixing, and weighing required to prepare the drug for clients becomes the inspiration for often inscrutable wordplay. Translate Pie. To most of us, pie conjures up an image of a pastry with fruit filling, yum ... but to drug dealers (or users) pie refers to a kilogram of drugs, usually cocaine.

Big Night Hulu, Pork Chop Hill Survivors, Pyar Deewana Hota Hai Lyrics, Hms Endeavour Wreck, Traveller Synonyms In French, Lee Chung Ah And Lee Ki Woo, Rectified Spirit Is A Mixture Of, Walk Ride Rodeo Amberley Snyder, Is Encino Man On Netflix, Orishas Canciones, 10 Barbarian Tribes, The Vow Amazon Prime, Dundee Managers, Kissing The Witch: Old Tales In New Skins Pdf, Exo Next Door Kissasian, Like We Discussed Beforezubaan Meaning, Ladies Choice Shop, London Elise Kress Wikipedia, Johnny Darko Escape To The Chateau, Reign Of Assassins Chinese, Plutarch Alexander, Blood In, Blood Out: Bound By Honor Blu-ray, Chateau For Sale, Tiger House Rotten Tomatoes, Ira Toibin, Adele If It Hadn't Been For Love Lyrics, Centro Pokémon Leaks, Plush Movie Synopsis, What Is So Special About The Month Of August?, A Letter To Three Wives Wiki, I Feel It Coming Lyrics Meaning, Dark Angel Spiritual Meaning, Cheap High Heels Size 9, My Sweet Daughter Quotes, Cat Valentine Age, Tilda Cobham-hervey Hotel Mumbai, John Mara Jr Age, Fbi Agent Salary, Sudha Murthy Stories Online, Pieta Damage, Nba Youngboy Fire Stars Lyrics, Khoobsurat Watch Online, Exo Next Door Kissasian, What Is Georgia Famous For Besides Peaches, How To Pronounce Captain, Lalande De Pomerol, Lodha Bellissimo Rate, Luke Mullen And Joshua Bassett, Troy And Avatar Music, Antonio Smith Video, How To Pronounce Captain, Aunt Julia And The Scriptwriter Audiobook, We The Animals Novel Summary, Don't Hold Your Breath Partynextdoor, Love And Money Play Monologue, Counting Crows - Untitled Love Song, Night School Imdb Parents Guide, Sallust Quotes, Camp Camp Season 4 Episode 19, Disadvantages Of Drinking Alcohol, Jefferson County Map, Kai Girl Name, Breaking Up Was Easy In The 90's Sam Hunt Lyrics, What Happens If No Cause Of Death Is Found, Noah Cyrus Stay Together Live, The Best Of Me Behind The Scenes, Gen:lock Streaming, Restless Legs Syndrome Causes, Sophie And The Rising Sun 123movies, Luke Combs - What You See Vinyl, Han Sunhwa Drama, águeda López Age, Midsomer Murders Next Episode, Duniya Meri Jeb Mein Mp3, Gururaj Deshpande Networth, Baku Population 2020, Ash Ketchum Age, Christopher Robin Quotes, Rolling Fields Normal Weather Date, Coupon Codes, Luke 13:34 Meaning, Chun Jung Myung Martial Arts, A Pledge To God Ending Synopsis, 1809 Menu, Porphyry Philosopher, East Fork Utah,