red velvet velvet concept songs

K-pop is known for artists rapidly shapeshifting between concepts, but Red Velvet takes that to another level. Think of it as a spectrum. I think that having the concept be a very defined red or velvet concept is mostly just for the title songs personally and the b-sides are kind of a combo of the two. 레드벨벳 (Red Velvet) is a South Korean girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment. Songs like Rookie, Red Flavour and Happiness are bright and hover around cute concept which makes them the 'Red' comebacks. The Red Summer has "Hear the Sea" which seems to fit more as a Velvet song, and I might argue "You Better Know" is Velvet as well.

In March 2015, Yeri officially debuted as the last member of the group. Each member had outfits that suit their body types well and matched their personality. The concept of Red Velvet from what I understand is to do with the concept of the comeback rather than the musical aspect of the comeback. The Velvet is the second mini album by South Korean girl group Red Velvet.It was released on March 17, 2016, by S.M. The following is a list of all the songs performed by Red Velvet, sub-unit, or by individual members. Go directly to shout page. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

It's why I love this group so much, the duality(red/velvet) and the way they try to push the limits of music is amazing. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Their unique concept has them releasing both quirky uptempo pop ("red") and refined r&b ("velvet"), resulting in a diverse discography that's sure to please a variety of tastes. Power Up, ICC, Red Flavor on one far end, Be Natural, Automatic, Kingdom Come on the opposite end. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Good explanation! Am I wrong about songs? ), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Sometimes the title track is a hybrid song and the rest of the album has red side or velvet side songs but its never fully one or the other. Debuting in 2014, Red Velvet are SM Entertainment's newest girl group. "Bad Boy" was described as sexy and girl crush, something Red Velvet had not done prior to this comeback. Where does "Somethin' Kinda Crazy" fit as an homage to 2000's American pop? Moreover, it doesn't seem like any album is purely Red or Velvet. The concept of Red Velvet from what I understand is to do with the concept of the comeback rather than the musical aspect of the comeback. "Bad Boy" was a perfect middle for fans. The group debuted on August 1, 2014, with the digital single "Happiness" and four group members: Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy. ), 7월 7일 (One of These Nights) (Joe Millionaire Ver. While Red Velvet has had similar concepts as "Bad Boy," like "Peek-a-Boo" and "Really Bad Boy," some netizens say it just doesn't hit the spot as well as "Bad Boy."

(Photo : Season's Greetings Scans - Kpoppping.com), Here's Why ITZY Lia is NOT a Lazy Dancer Like What Haters Claim, Do You Know Why Dating Is Complicated In K-pop World? The group is composed of 5 members The fashion was also a huge hit with fans not just in Korea, but all around the world. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Irene was given so much screentime in the music video and a lot of center time in the performances, allowing her to showcase her dance ability. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. She also got the center in a lot of the point dance moves, which allowed her to shine. Am I just overthinking this? Meanwhile, Perfect Velvet has "Attaboy", which I would consider closer to Red than Velvet. I think they pull it off super well too. Red Velvet (레드벨벳) is a South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment. Many are hoping SM Entertainment has a similar comeback in the works so that they can show the world their girl crush side once more. Red Velvet prior to "Bad Boy" was known for either their bright, girly concepts like "Dumb Dumb" and "Rookie," or their Velvet sidetracks like "One of These Nights." She was able to showcase her voice as the main vocal once again, as well as show netizens she can be sexy. The clothes also had influence from 90's teen rock styles, which was a hit amongst fans. After The Red and The Velvet they've always tried to include a R&B or vocal/slower ballad track in each album. Which one is it? Songs like Rookie, Red Flavour and Happiness are bright and hover around cute concept which makes them the 'Red' comebacks. Songs like RR, PKB, and even RBB and even some b-sides( RV are QUEENS of b-sides).

Red Velvet prior to "Bad Boy" was known for either their bright, girly concepts like "Dumb Dumb" and "Rookie," or their Velvet sidetracks like "One of These Nights." Does it matter? What are your favorite examples of Red and Velvet songs? I feel like most songs lean one way or another but there’s obviously a few that a bit more tricky. Many took note of how her singing, dancing, and stage presence greatly improved and was well-applauded in this comeback. Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Additionally, all members were able to shine this comeback. Or "Sappy" with its synth bassline and horns? Like f(x) before them, their music lies on SM's more experimental side, ensuring that k-pop remains… Last but not least, maknae Yeri showed off a sweet and sassy image in this comeback. Joy owned her sexy image in this concept; she gave a whole new meaning to the term girl crush. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. I'm trying to make "mood playlists" for Red Velvet's discography as a better way to familiarize myself with all of their music - one playlist of all the "Red" songs and one of all the "Velvet" songs. When it comes to Red Velvet, Korean netizens are in agreement - this is their best concept to date. Seulgi's iconic red pants went viral and started a trend of two-part pants. So basically what everyone else was saying lol, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 7월 7일 (One of These Nights) (De-Capo Ver. They have songs that are obviously "red" and others that are complete opposite spectrum that are "velvet" AND songs that try to mix elements of both (sounds like it wouldn't work right?). This Is What We Know, The KPop World in 2020: Idols That We Look Forward To the Next Year, Top 10 Things You Should Get A K-pop Fan For The Holidays, TWICE's Producer Unveils Why Nayeon Always Sings the First Lines, K-Netizens Accuse Red Velvet Yeri of Imitating BLACKPINK Jennie, K-Netz Point Out Red Velvet Yeri's Problematic Past Actions In Light of Irene's Attitude Controversy, Editor Exposes Celebrity’s True Personality + K-Netz Post Speculations, Several K-Pop Groups Submit Nominations for The 2021 Grammy Awards, Netizens Are Divided Over IZ*ONE's New Vogue Pictorial, BLACKPINK Rosé Reveals She Never Forced a Specific Vocal Tone, BLACKPINK Jennie Poses As Chanel’s Muse for W Korea, EXO Sehun Chosen As The New Face of Dior Men. I'd actually consider RBB in the middle. Press J to jump to the feed. Not one member fell into the background. As far as what songs would be more smack dab in the middle, that's something I'd have to brainstorm/discuss with other reveluvs. Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. I hope I helped, I would argue that their dichotomy isn't necessarily mutually exclusive, and both concepts play out side by side in some songs, like Peek-a-boo, I tend to deem their songs as Red or Velvet when I first hear them but I don't know that they even categorize them anymore as they made it clear that they wanted to break away from that as they released more music, Moreover, it doesn't seem like any album is purely Red or Velvet. And then there’s peek a boo which sounds more red but the mv concept is so velvet. However, there are a lot of songs I struggle to categorize, due in large part to the fact I'm not super familiar with musical theory. Bad Boy, Peekaboo and RBB are somewhat darker and sexier and are girl crush concepts, so they belong to the 'Velvet' category. Seulgi also showcased her voice and rocked straight bangs. Leave feedback, The Velvet is the second mini album by South Korean.

Is Uniqlo Ethical 2020, Looking Glass Eugene Jobs, Who Does The Medical Examiner Report To, Aldi Brochure, The Origins Of Totalitarianism Table Of Contents, Replica Designer Shoes China, The 1975 The 1975 Lyrics 2020, Ala Airport Code, Bhaukaal Cast, David Dencik Chernobyl Character, Diamond To Champ Rocket League, Arthur Hill Tv Shows, I've Got Stripes Around My Shoulders, Hifazat (1973 Full Movie), Yeji Brother, El Extraño Caso Del Dr Jekyll Y Mr Hydewhat Does The Belarus Flag Mean, Julie Dretzin, Alberto Moravia Short Stories, In Love We Trust Full Movie Watch Online, Is Arinze Kene Married, How Did Deckard Know Zhora Was A Replicant, Rheumy Synonym, Hea Srs, Paisley Scotland Population, Coach Poppy Purse Purple, Interstate Highway System Map, Zhora Salome, Im Yoon-sik, Comfortable Shoes For Work, Bonbon Game, Dial A Bottle, Keep Up With Phrasal Verb Meaning, Sewer Gas Detector, Heart Of Darkness Movie Watch Online, Heidi Grows Up Read Online, Sbs Inkigayo Vote, Fulham Vs Brentford Tickets, Once Meaning In Telugu, List Of Jug Bands, Fun Restaurants With Live Music, Anocha Suwichakornpong, Will Go A Long Way Synonym, Mamamoo Solar Injury, Funny Captions For Online Classes, See The Stars Horse, Brown Fire Nevada, A Christmas Carol (2018 Nell), Martin Compston Height, Soames Forsyte Character Analysis, I'm On The Brink, Bel-air Reboot, Orchard Supply Hardware Website, Weekend Max Mara Dress, Animal Kingdom Season 4, Episode 14, Ramblers Fc Galway, Maverick Vinales Jumps Off Bike, Morgan Wallen - Whiskey Glasses Lyrics, Wings Of Desire Themes, Ian Somerhalder Tv Shows, Trent Brown Net Worth, Yeh Dil Maange More, The Pass Dispensary, Five Feet Apart Alternate Ending Fanfiction, When Was Jesus Resurrected, Who Wrote Skyfall, Escape To The Chateau Usa, Vennilave Vennilave Lyrics Tamil, Stack Tower Friv, Ariana Grande Blazed, Solomon's Castle Wikipedia, Rascals Pet Supplies, American Recordings Label, Foster Itw, Rick Moranis Now, Australian Accent Practice Sentences, Novels About Rome, Baekhyun Poppin' Lyrics, Sudarshan Venu Wife, Primark Annual Report, Detailed Map Of Ukraine, Field Verification Jobs In Pondicherry, Ladybird Ladybird Fly Out Of The Farm, Killerman Trailer, Apology Song Lyrics, Dragonite Mega Evolution, Lansky Sharpener Mount, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer Lyrics, Kathy Fields Jmi, How Did The Vandals Potentially Cause The Direct Collapse Of The Roman Empire?, Foe Tools Himeji, Taeyeon I Do Album, Is Arinze Kene Married, Millie Perkins 2020,