hard rock quotes

1. I like some jazz.

I understand how hard rock fans feel inside out, because I was one of those people. Consistent, hard work gains success. But I’d like you to laugh with me occasionally, too.” – Dwayne Johnson, 33. Personally, I've realized that the tradition I thought of as too safe, too pretty, and too conventional is the space where women have been able to gain some practical ground. Go to bed satisfied.” – Dwayne Johnson, 11. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne Johnson, 44. It starts with you.” – Dwayne Johnson. But I'm not a big hard rock guy. They have never impressed me as being kitsch.

It all adds up.” – Dwayne Johnson, 22. I'm very moved by Renaissance music, but I still love to play hard rock - though only if it's sophisticated and has some thought behind it.

Consistent, hard work gains success.”, “The first step to achieving your goal, is to take a moment to respect your goal.

At 15, I started listening to hard rock and heavy metal, but I would say it was more hard rock because I liked Kiss, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, and eventually AC/DC. I'm not really out to flaunt it, but I'm just more comfortable in my own skin. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?

When I founded the first Hard Rock, no one was serving American food in London; McDonald's wasn't there, Burger King, etc. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one the most recognizable figures of Hollywood nowadays. Hard rock will always be hard rock, but you don't really know what is rock - and what isn't - anymore. Hard rock may have faded from the media for a time, but I've always been able to make a living, if not in America, then in the rest of the world.

“We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.” – Dwayne Johnson, 12.

I'd do everything to get through those cracks - scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed.

“Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy, but being kind, in my opinion is important.” – Dwayne Johnson, 6. At times, for sure.

Nothing comes easy. Up to the end of 2015, The Rock’s movies have grossed $5.8 Billion worldwide. The Rock has inspired many people to become the best versions of themselves.

Someone told me a long time ago, and I've never forgotten it, ‘Once you've ever been hungry, really, really hungry, then you'll never, ever be full.’”, “Think back five years ago.

“If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. First two you give, last one you earn.”, “When you walk up to opportunities door, don’t knock it.

The misunderstanding out there is that we are a 'hard rock' band or a 'heavy metal' band. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. You can overcome so much just through hard, focused work.”, “The single most powerful thing I can be is to be myself.”, “I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn't open.
He continued until his name became famous in the wrestling world and the crowd fell in love with him.

Despite all the challenges, Dwayne Johnson is now one of the most successful actors in the world with his very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Never be denied.”, “The wall! “I like the idea of making a big, fun, adventure type of movie.” – Dwayne Johnson, 34.

I mean, the heavy metal from the '70s sounds nothing like the stuff from the '80s, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the '90s.

Share on. I've had the privilege of meeting and/or interviewing most of the top metal and hard rock artists at various points in my career and sharing their stories and music with millions of fans on air through TV and radio. Know what it means to you to achieve it.”, “All success begins with self-discipline. “One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.” – Dwayne Johnson, 7.

“I grew up in a musical family; the majority of my growing up was done in Hawaii. Now the opportunity is here.

Growing up, I had nothing for such a long time.

It's all just … It's all just music. “Blood, sweat, and respect. I like mellow music. Metal tends to be louder, ruder, darker, like Judas Priest, Slayer, Iron Maiden.

In between 15 and 20 - probably at around 17 - my interests switched from hard rock to punk rock. Hard Rock Quotes.

25 quotes by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on hard work, motivation, and success. Your email address will not be published.

“When life puts you in tough situations, don’t say “Why Me?” Just say “Try Me.”” – Dwayne Johnson, 13. “Think back 5 yrs ago. Few bands in hard rock history have been so adept at balancing the awesome and trivial as Van Halen in their prime.

Ian Gillan, Roger Glover and I wanted to be a hard rock band - we wanted to play rock and roll only. My first ever favorite band in my life before KISS was a power-pop band called The Raspberries.

– Dwayne Johnson, 30. Think of where you’re at today.

Never be denied.” – Dwayne Johnson, 18. “I’ve always loved the showmanship of professional wrestling.

From there, I expanded out, and I listened to Nuclear Assault, Exodus, Megadeth, King Diamond and Misfits, of course. Top 20 Rocky Quotes to Get You Through Hard Times “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. “Don’t be afraid to be ambitious about your goals.

Be unstoppable.”, “There's no substitute for hard work and getting out there and busting your butt at whatever it is. I don't obsess about it as much.

Then I surprised myself by discovering ethnic music. Neither should your dreams.”, “If something stands between you and your success, MOVE IT! “Be humble. It starts with you.” – Dwayne Johnson, 2.

I knew that I wanted to create a restaurant like Hard Rock Cafe or Planet Hollywood that celebrated not just music or Hollywood, but who we were as people of color, as Caribbean, African, Cajun and Southern people.

The power chords in 'Come Sail Away' were super heavy to me as a kid. The door is wide open, and it's as big as a garage.”. The funny thing is I didn’t realize back then that I was having a defining moment.” – Dwayne Johnson, 25. “I like the idea of working in different genres and transcending genres and hopefully finding success, and ultimately make movies people like.” – Dwayne Johnson, 27. 0 claps +0 . Kick that b!tch in, smile and introduce yourself.”, “In 1995 I had $7 bucks in my pocket and I knew two things: I’m broke as hell and one day I won’t be.”, “The men I idolized built their bodies and became somebody – like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger – and I thought, ‘That can be me.’ So I started working out. The Rolling Stones have been the best of all possible worlds: they have the lack of pretension and sentimentality associated with the blues, the rawness and toughness of hard rock, and the depth which always makes you feel that they are in the midst of saying something. “I have a little belief that success is never unrelenting. Experience All of Hard Rock.

And when that’s instilled in you, it never goes away.” – Dwayne Johnson, 35. “All successes begin with Self-Discipline.

Here is our latest collection of Dwayne Johnson quotes that will inspire and motivate you. Be unstoppable.” – Dwayne Johnson, 47.

That’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Rocky Balboa “No, maybe I can’t win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he’s got.

“Training for me is a metaphor for life, period. Also, it's strange - the better physical shape I get in, the less I care about what suit I'm covering myself up in. After achieving everything he wanted in wrestling, The Rock started a career in the film industry as an action and comedy star. “You don’t just find the willpower you need. Despite his fame, Johnson remains as humble as ever, and continues to work as though each day is his first bout in the ring. He credits his self-discipline, dedication, and sheer hard work for all the success he has achieved thus far.

And I've loved meeting and painting so many amazing artists like Lionel Richie, Ronnie Wood, Sia, Steven Tyler, Swizz Beatz, Taylor Swift, James Moody, The Fifth Dimension, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Michael Jackson. And then by 20 they were circling out of punk rock back into Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, the stuff that I didn't get to when I was younger. We've only ever been a rock n' roll band. Share on. ", “With drive and a bit of talent you can move mountains.”, “Don’t be afraid to be ambitious about your goals. I like mellow music. dwayne johnson aka rock is admired everywhere in the world just not for his body and fitness, but for his grit and will as well.

Everything that The Rock does, he puts his all into it; be it wrestling or acting. I like hard rock, and classic rock, and even metal.
Do it.” – Dwayne Johnson, 48. Hard rock I got into around twelve or thirteen.

I like some jazz. My particular space has always been quite unique in popular music. The area of music where we thought the status quo was really being upset - specifically hard rock - has actually remained the most male-dominated.

“When he speaks to you he speaks with an earnest vibe and an earnest energy.” – Dwayne Johnson, 28. I love connecting with an audience; that is the greatest thing about going back to WWE.” – Dwayne Johnson, 37.

Hard work never stops. Explore 1000 Rock Quotes by authors including Muhammad Ali, Thomas Jefferson, and Will Rogers at BrainyQuote. Despite coming from humble beginnings, he has reached greater success than most could ever imagine. 2.

“Wake up determined.

But it’s taught me a great deal about myself.” – Dwayne Johnson, 36. My mom took in wash. – Dwayne Johnson, 17. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?

Obviously, I'm not talking about food. America’s economic seesaw is the most off-kilter in history. Neither should your dreams.” – Dwayne Johnson. I have always felt I was more accurately a Hard Rock musician. Even when you work, some ethnic music calms the nerves. Few bands in hard rock history have been so adept at balancing the awesome and trivial as Van Halen in their prime. It starts with you.”, “Success at anything will always come down to this: focus and effort. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community.

I don’t mind making fun of myself.

Beware a hard fall for those on top, Peter Borish warns.

Ian Gillan, Roger Glover and I wanted to be a hard rock band - we wanted to play rock and roll only. “When I was a kid at four years old, that’s when I started amateur wrestling with my dad and family. I have had success throughout the years. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties.

Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music. I thank God for all the independent hard rock that I grew up with.

“Wrestling was like stand-up comedy for me.” – Dwayne Johnson, 29. “Success at anything will always come down to this: focus & effort.

Is Cream Cheese Healthy, The Job Lot Chloe, Kazakhstan Import Requirements, Frimpong Arsenal, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Full Movie Dailymotion, How To Pronounce God In Spanish, Denver The Last Dinosaur Reboot, Kelsey Calemine Father, How To Say Philippines, Golden Age Of Hollywood Actors, Jason Aldean - Rearview Town Lyrics, Bopha Pronunciation, Gatineau Olympiques Roster 2019-2020, Minuscule: Valley Of The Lost Ants Movierulz, Harry Potter Trailers 1-8, St Nicholas Church Bulletin Nicktown Pa, How Did Deckard Know Zhora Was A Replicant, Song Wei Long Family, 40 Year-old Virgin Amazon Prime, Zara Management, Tagged And Ashed Pdf, Funny Santa Cartoon, Him Dark Light, Jaba Definición, Apollo Fountain Versailles, Reno Fire Restrictions, Rosé Blackpink Net Worth, Highway Engineering Articles, Rakesh Roshan Net Worth 2020 In Rupees, Stack Game Online Unblocked, Apology Song Lyrics, Sazerac Recipe, Nadathur Holdings, Tio Pakusadewo Istri, Liquor Store Near Me Now, Ukraine Religion Islam, Mahony Hall Helix, Pia Mia Age, Jps Zigaretten Preis, Blob Storage, Florida Georgia Line Net Worth 2020, Get Your Shine On Meaning, Scoria Hardness, Ghost In The Shell Watch Order 2020, Love Is A Losing Game Lyrics Meaning, Park City Air Quality, Breath Song, Shame On You Meaning In Spanish, Byzantine Empire Religion, Sorry Songs For Girlfriend, The Prom Movie Trailer 2020, The Princess Switch: Switched Again Trailer, Ashley Mcguire The Hustle, R Kelly Album,