what does the name aurora mean
Aurora Teagarden is the main character in Charlaine Harris's book series, The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries † Pronunciation for Aurora: AH as in "mud (M.AH.D)" ; R as in "race (R.EY.S)" ; OW as in "oak (OW.K)" ; AW as in "cow (K.AW)" ; AA as in "odd (AA.D)". Personally I think the name is beautiful, but the pronunciation is too awkward. What made you want to look up aurora? Aurora Robles, Mexican model Derived from the Latin aurora (dawn). namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. Foreign derivatives of Aurora include Alba (Italian and Spanish), Aure (French), and Zora (Slavic). © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. Which of the following is a fruit named after a Moroccan seaport. Aurora is very popular as a baby name for girls, and it is also considered trendy. The show includes the song Her Name is Aurora. It has occasionally been used as a given name since the Renaissance. Aurora is a name from the Latin, with a very clear meaning: "the one who is like the sunrise." Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for aurora, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about aurora. I love my name Aurora (: I get so many comments on how beautiful it is. It consists of 6 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Au-ro-ra. Personal experiences with the name Aurora. So when I left for the United States after graduation, I recalled their comments and began the new chapter in my life simply as "Aurora". New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand 2014, Finnish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Finland 2014, Italian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Italy, Swiss Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Switzerland (Italian), Italian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Italy, 2010, Norwegian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Norway, 2010, Swiss Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Switzerland (Italian), 2010, Norwegian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Norway for 2012, Italian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Italy 2011, Norwegian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Norway, Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (New South Wales), Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria), New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand, Swiss Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Switzerland, Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Queensland). She doesn't usually have problems with the name, most people can pronounce and spell it. She is kind, funny, talented, smart, and so very beautiful. Recently I heard a young woman state this at a local store, "We changed her name to Aurora". 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? I have definitely eaten my words! Accessed 24 Oct. 2020. Her middle name is Bella, so her name means "beautiful dawn" and I think it suits her. Out of all girl names in its group, Aurora was the most popular in 2018. Aurora was the name for the goddess of the dawn according to the Romans (known as Eos and usually described as "rosy-fingered" by the Greeks), while Boreas was the god of the north wind. A Paean on the Names of Nature's Light... “Aurora.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aurora. Aurora has 14 derivatives that are used in English and foreign languages. See also the related categories, medieval, princess (queen), romanian, english, latin, roman, fairy (maid), epic (powerful), dawn (morning), portuguese, spanish, goddess, italian, renaissance, scandinavian, finnish, and german. Aurora definition is - dawn. At the modest peak of its usage in 2018, 0.259% of baby girls were given the name Aurora. It is defiantly becoming more popular in Australia and people always comment to me what a pretty name it is. It was not used as a given name in the medieval period, but was revived throughout Europe during the Renaissance and generally used as a learned form of the name Dawn. "Aurora borealis" means northern lights, "aurora australis" the same phenomenon in the southern hemisphere. Her name made her even more lovely. Aurora Paige is the designated name for my first born daughter. The word "Aurora" is closely related to the word aurum, which means "gold." -. My niece's name is Aurora. Derivatives used in English include Arora, Aurea, Aurorah, Aurore (used in French too), Aurorette, Ora, Ori, Orie, Orrie, Rora, and Zorica. Aurora Borealis was named after the Roman Goddess of dawn, Aurora, and the Greek name for the north wind, Boreas, by Pierre Gassendi in 1621.From the Latin "Aurora" = … Aurora is very popular as a baby name for girls, and it is also considered trendy. As an adult woman, I love my name - I've grown into it I get compliments about my name at least once a week! Aurora's language of origin is Latin, and it is used mainly in the English, Finnish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Scandinavian, and Spanish languages. Aurora Cunha, Portuguese long-distance runner To me, the name is almost as beautiful as she is. I knew a beautiful artistic woman named Aurora. Aurora Perrineau, American actress and daughter of actor Harold Perrineau n. Roman Mythology The goddess of the dawn. In Roman mythology, Aurora … We chose to name our second daughter Aurora. Aurora was personified in Roman mythology as the goddess of the dawn. Her nickname is just "Rora" Try the At the modest peak of its usage in 2018, 0.259% of baby girls were given the name Aurora. From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. 1. The Greek goddess equivalent is Eos. The beauty of the aurora borealis has contributed to the popularity of this name in the state of Alaska, where the aurora can frequently be seen. I remember giving my mother quite a hard time for naming me, Aurora. It is a beautiful name and suits her to a t. I often would get the sleeping beauty comment but honestly must have been living under a rock as I had no idea this was her name till our Aurora came along. Aurora is not a very common girl to find but if you find one, she's most commonly agreed by people as The most amazing girl you can have she could light up a guy's world like nobody else and will make them cry tears of joy. Also, Aurora is quite a common name in the Philippines. Define aurora. Aurora is a song from The Foo Fighter's There Is Nothing Left to Lose album. How to use aurora in a sentence. Aurora is the female lead in the 1993 Tony winner for Best Musical, Kiss of the Spider Woman. It enjoyed a boost in popularity from the fictional Princess Aurora of Charles Perrault's fairy tale The Sleeping Beauty (1697), and from the titular character of the Elizabeth Barrett Browning epic poem Aurora Leigh (1856). Aura, Aury/Aurie, Ro, Rory/Rori, Rora, Au-au, Roar-Roar, Ratz, Arrie, Rors/Rorsie. I think the name Aurora is absolutely beautiful and chose it for my daughter for that reason and because it has historically not been as popular in the US. Baby names that sound like Aurora include Aarya, Acrasee, Acrasey, Acrasi, Acrasia, Acrasie, Acrasy, Acrasye, Ahere, Airi, Ajara, Akeira, Akera, Akerra, Akiera, Akirrah, Akrasia, Akyra, Aria, and Ariah. Copyright © 2009-2020 Baby Names Pedia. The meaning of Aurora is "dawn". Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). My niece's name is Aurora. Roman goddess of the dawn. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! The name was borne by the Roman mythological goddess of dawn and by the princess in the popular fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. However, I find few people can actually spell it properly - the "U" is often left out. Cities in Colorado and Illinois - the latter of which was the prominent setting for the SNL movie Wayne's World. I chose to name my first daughter Aurora when I was in the 5th grade. Aurora is a Bjork's song in the Vespertine Album . Aurora was the Roman goddess of the morning. 18 times more girls were named Aurora than the next ranked name, Zora, in that year. Aurora can also mean then "that shines like gold." Learn a new word every day. au-ro-ra, aur-ora ] The baby girl name Aurora is pronounced ah-ROWR-ah (English) or aw-ROW-Raa (Spanish) †. 14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1.

California State Flower, Calvin Harris Station, Warped Synonym, Helen Karma Clothing Reviews, Mary Shelley Husband Death, Blood Feud (1983 Online), Bobcat Fire Map, Update, Millwall Vs Brentford Tickets, Inspector Morse Episodes, Mitchell Edwards Height, What To Mix With Jack Daniels, Coffee And Cigarettes Quotes, The Widow Ending, Being Human Jewellery Store In Delhi, Strange Days The Doors Lyrics, Death Battle Cast, Eric Wright Construction History, Deadmau5 Grill, Bharat Narsinghani, Priscilla Lopez Awards, Tom Amandes Net Worth, Jacob Vargas Net Worth, Ghost Lyrics Jaden, Jessabelle Meaning Movie, Son Of Godzilla Full Movie, Framework Online Homebuyer Course Coupon 2020, Métamorphoses Christophe Honoré, They Come Knocking Full Movie, Dr Manuj Sharma Bhopal Appointment, Mohit Raina Age, 3 Million Years - Amber Liu Lyrics, Aktau Airport Code, Kazakh Reader, Brechin V Dundee United, How To Pronounce God In Spanish, Wonder Park Online, New Pokémon Sword And Shield, Bronner Handwerger, Corpus Iuris Civilis, First Romance Drama Wikipedia, Scientifically Best Time To Wake Up, Lawrence Shankland News, Jeni's Ice Cream Price Per Pint, Tower Of Darkness Vs Tower Of Water, Brideshead Revisited (2008 Filming Locations), Frontal Attack Meaning, Short Eyes Ophthalmology, I Don't Wanna Live Forever Chords Ukulele,